Thursday, March 28, 2019

Therapuetic Relationships

I had to do an internship before I graduated from undergrad and I did it in a hand therapy occupational clinic. While I was there, I made many therapeutic relationships. One of my biggest strengths as an OT will definitely be empathy. I am very empathetic towards individuals because I know how tough and frustrating injuries and therapy can be. I think one thing that will be slightly difficult for me is knowing when it is only a therapeutic relationship rather than it also being a friendship. When I was in high school, I had occupational therapy. I connected with my therapist and now have a friendship with him. I'm not sure if that is crossing the therapeutic relationship boundaries because we connected over occupational therapy. I am wanting to do hand therapy when I graduate, and I think that will be an awesome chance for me to use therapeutic use of self because like all of the clients I will see, I have been in their shoes and realize how tough it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mock Interview

As a whole, I feel the interview went well. I had some technical difficulties at the beginning of the interview, but I kept my composure and...